I've gotten your attention haven't I?! This morning when I was running WCSG (again) played a song that spoke to my heart. I am completely frustrated now because I am having a block to the name of the song, and the artist, but I remember the part of the song that got me thinking. It said something like "it doesn't matter if the money says "in God we Trust", he still owns it".
That got me to thinking. Here on Facebook I see a lot of people up in arms about:
- "In God we Trust" not being on our money any more.
- This no longer being a Christian nation.
- In the 10 commandments being taken out of courthouses.
- Of we no longer being able to pray in public schools.
- God continues to sit on the throne despite what man thinks or tries to do. The progression that the USA and for that matter the world is of no surprise to Him. Look at what it says in 2 Tim 3:1-3
- God has never left the public schools. Just because we cannot pray openly doesn't mean there is no prayer. Just because we can't say he's there, does not mean he's not. Just because "man" says do not speak His name does not somehow weaken God. If your children attend public schools (as mine do) do not fear that God is not there! Just because some Christians have left does not mean he is gone.
- Like I said above ~ he owns the money it doesn't matter if it says so or not. Psalm 50:9-11 says:
So what am I ranting about then anyway, right?!
Well here it is. Stop worrying about all that you think is being taken away from this "christian nation" (which if I may say this has never been a Christian Nation, there has only (possibly) been more Christians in government then now, but saying we were a Christian Nation is basically incorrect) (Tee Hee, I'm sure I stepped on some toes there!!)
Any who, where was I? Oh yeah, don't sweat it, what God want is this. ARE YOU READY TO HEAR THIS?
I'm not speaking this in judgement, but just to get you to see, Are your priorities straight? Are you following Christ faithfully, and proclaiming him, or are you so worried about a few things that "man" is trying to strip away and afraid that God is to small to fight it?
God is not to small. Man can and will continue to strip Him from public view, but I'm here to tell you, it does not effect God one iota! He is still on the throne and all will end as it said it would.
Trust Him and Obey Him alone, then what "man" does won't matter as much.